Friday, May 15, 2009

NEW placement and accomodations


Five weeks and counting until I depart. I have just received different accomodations and placements, evidently the ones that were on my site hadn't been removed from my try at this.

I will now be staying and volunteering at the Chella Nursing Home (pictured above) in the Sivagangai district of Tamil Nadu. The Chella Nursing Home is a privately funded hospital. The
departments it has are ENT, paediatrics and general surgeries. Their are 2 docs 20 nurses and 10 beds.

My supervisor is Dr.S. Paul Chellappa his wife Alice Chellappa is also a doctor at the clinic (OB/GYN.)

I will be staying upstairs in a room at the clinic since I am staying on the clinic campus I will be eating withh Mr Kulanthairajan's family, just a five minute cycle ride away. My contact in India insured me that my accomodations are safe and secure, so I will be bringing my camea gear with me so that I can get some good pictures of my trip. I have also been in contact with some fly fishing outfitters in India and hope to do some fishing for the Golden Saheer.

No comments: