Friday, July 18, 2008

13 days and still no word of where I will be

On July 10th, 2008, 21 days prior to departure; James Taylor, my contact in India replied to an email concerning my living arrangements and volunteer placement.  James said " . . .apologies for the delay in uploading your placement and accommodation details to your myprojectsabroad webpage; I fully anticipate that it will be done within the next couple of days." 8 days after receiving that email, I have yet to hear back from Projects-Abroad.  

Everything on my end of things has been taken care of.  I have obtained a 6 month multiple entry visa for the country of India.  received four vaccinations for: polio, meningitis, Hep. A, a tetanus boost, and just started an oral typhoid vaccine.  I also have prepared for the mosquitos of India by obtaining a mosquito net for my bed, 4 cans of Off backwoods, and most important a prescription for 80 pills of doxycycline. 

Soon I will be setting up a Pbase account which will store all of my photos from my trip and I will be putting up a link to that site from this blog so that everyone can view my pictures.  Also be on the look out for video blogs once the trip has begun.

No comments: