Thursday, July 10, 2008

Three weeks and no accommodations or placement. . .

Three weeks until the adventure begins, yet I still don't have any more details about where I will be staying or what I will be doing.  

Lately I've been thinking about how living in India will be different from living in the States, and I think I've come up with something that will be different.  This list is based off of what I've been told, what I've read, and what makes me laugh.   Once I'm in India I'll make another list of what the biggest differences actually are.

so here goes ( In no order):

-Height.  Average height of a male in India: 5'5". Average height of a male in the State 5'11"- 6'0"
-Lack of eating utensils.  
-"Restrooms" that are a squat toilet, and a bucket of water instead of TP
-The amount of animals that roam the streets freely
-Polio,  India is one of the few areas that has not eradicated the crippling disease.
-Monsoons.  
-Clothing.
-No eating beef and/or wearing leather

No comments: