Tuesday, July 1, 2008

One Month Untill Departure

June 31st, 2008, exactly one month from today I will be boarding a plane for the first time in 8 years.  The plane will take me to the famous O'Hare airport in Chicago then on to Brussels Belgium and finally, two days after leaving Seattle, I will arrive in Chennai India.  

At the moment I have no idea of were I will be staying or where I will be volunteering.  All that I know is that I will be in or around the city of Sivakasi, which is located in the southern state of Tamil Nadu.  As far as my living accommodations are concerned.  Their are several option including: living with a host family, staying in a hostel,  having a room at a hospital, or living at the projects-abroad office.  Each one has its own unique pros and cons, and i look forward to finding out more about my living accommodations. 

This trip will be giving me the opportunity to see a whole new aspect of medicine that will vary greatly from the western medicine which I am currently being exposed to.  More then anything, this trip will be an adventure.  Living for six weeks in a 3rd word country and traveling alone will hopefully provide me with a life changing experience. 

This blog is to share with everyone back home my adventures and shenanigans in India

2 comments:

Brent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brent said...

I'm stoked to hear about your shenanigans...